Monday, November 3, 2008

WeBsItE eVaLuAtIoN

Today we evaluated different types of websites. We used four different types of evaluation sheets and the form that I found most useful was the Midlink Evaluation sheet. I was able to pick high or low not just yes or no. It also made me look at some things I wouldn't necessarily look at.

I did learn that there were links everywhere and that some of the link would take you away from the page you were looking at to a completely different website without you realizing it.

Evaluating websites helps you know which website are of value to you. It also lets you know which websites are not completely true and may actually be detrimental to your students.

I would use the evaluations when I am going to just let my students loose on the computer with sites to use. If I have already evaluated the sites, I know that the students will be finding useful and truthful information. I won't have to worry or go back and check their sources.

No comments: